Fertility Consulting Services in NYC
Here at Avant Medical Group, our expert primary care physician, Dr. Neelima Tangirala, MD has the education, training, and experience required to handle a wide variety of medical issues. One of our clinic’s main services is fertility consulting. Visit us for your reproductive health issues. Call us or you can schedule an appointment with one of our fertility specialists. We are conveniently located at 233 Broadway Suite 2750 New York, NY 10279.
Table of Contents:
How do I prepare for a fertility consultation?
What can I expect at my fertility consultation?
What will a fertility specialist do first?
What questions will a fertility doctor ask?
To prepare for a fertility consultation, make sure you have access to your insurance policy, medical history, and any other documents you may need. If your primary care physician referred you to a specialist, they can send over all of your medical information. Be prepared for a physical examination, screening tests, and a detailed discussion of your OB/GYN history. If you’ve been pregnant before or have any preexisting medical conditions, your fertility specialist will need to know. The more information you can provide your doctor with, the easier it will be to diagnose and treat any fertility issues.
You can expect your first fertility consultation to take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Your fertility specialist will take you through a series of questions, answer any of your questions, conduct a physical examination, perform a pelvic exam, and discuss the next steps that may need to be taken. You will likely have a few follow-up appointments and possible further fertility testing. Our doctors will walk you through the entire process and support you through the journey of expanding your family.
Fertility specialists have advanced medical training in reproductive health. Their primary role is to assess fertility and assist infertility treatments such as IVF, period tracking, surgery, lifestyle changes, and hormone therapies. Your fertility specialist can also assess the fertility of your partner and diagnose men’s fertility issues such as low sperm production and abnormal sperm function.
Your fertility doctor will have questions about your medical history, sexual wellness, symptoms, desired goals, and lifestyle. Prepare to answer the following questions during your fertility consultation:
– How long have you been trying?
– What does your dream family look like?
– Are you on any birth control and/or medications?
– Do you have any preexisting conditions you’re aware of such as PCOS or endometriosis?
– Have you experienced any abnormal weight fluctuations, mood swings, vaginal pain, or abdominal pain?
– Are your menstruation cycles regular?
– What are your nutrition and diet currently like?
– What is your sex life like with your romantic partner?
Your fertility specialist will happily answer any questions you have for them as well. Good questions to ask during your consultation include:
– What are my fertility options?
– How do I prepare for fertility treatments?
– What tests can be done in the clinic?
– Can I do anything at home to increase my chances of conception and improve my fertility?
– Should my partner also have their fertility tested?
– Can any of my current physical or mental health issues be impacting my fertility?
– Do I need to have surgery on my reproductive organs?
– What is the success rate of fertility treatments at Avant Medical Group?
– How long should it take to conceive a child?
– During what part of my cycle am I most fertile?
Going to a fertility specialist has many amazing benefits for couples and individuals trying to have a baby. Our doctors can help you identify fertility issues, offer appropriate solutions, and help you expand your family. For additional information on the fertility services offered at Avant Medical Group, please contact our reception. You can request an appointment online or give us a call and we will happily answer general inquiries about our clinic. We are conveniently located at 233 Broadway Suite 2750 New York, NY 10279. We serve patients from New York NY, Brooklyn NY, Manhattan NY, Harlem NY, and Greenwich Village NY. We look forward to seeing you soon and helping you achieve the family of your dreams!
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY NEED
- Acute Injuries
- Allergic Reactions
- Anemia Testing
- Annual Physicals
- Chronic Medical Care
- Diabetes Treatment
- Fertility Consults
- GI Issues
- Heart Disorders
- Hypertension Treatment
- Lab Testing
- Minor Injury
- Oral Contraceptive
- PCOS Testing
- Pre OP Testing
- PrEP Testing
- Primary Care
- Respiratory Disorders
- Screening Colonoscopy
- Skin Conditions
- STD Testing
- Televisit Services
- Thyroid Disorders
- Travel Medicine
- UTI Treatment
- Weight Management
- Women’s Wellness